Determine your level (Child)
* Movies are at your disposal to illustrate definitions.
- Children aged 3 to 6. Not able to ski.
- Can recognise his/her ski equipment.
- Can put on and take off his/her skis by him/herself.
- Has used some ski lifts already.
- Can control his/her speed and complete snaking turns.
- An move around on skis in different ways over varied but almost flat terrain.
- Can ski with skis parallel straight downhill and stop using a snowplough turn.
- Can control his/her speed and cross the fall line using snowplough turns.
- Retains his/her balance while sliding faster with skis parallel both across and down the slope, on both skis or from one ski to the other, over smooth terrain on a gentle slope.
- Can brake and stop and is starting to be able to sideslip.
1ère etoile lesson
- Can complete a series of elementary sideslip turns taking into account external factors (terrain profile, other users, snow quality, etc.).
- Retains his/her balance when sliding across gentle to moderately steep slopes.
- Is starting to be able to sideslip (uphill swing, at an angle).
2ème étoile lesson
- An complete a series of smooth elementary turns, crossing the fall line with skis parallel and can complete turns with an uphill swing taking into account external factors (terrain profile, other users, snow quality, etc.).
- Can ski over hollows and bumps, across or down the slope, while retaining his/her balance.
3ème étoile lesson
- Can complete a series of short- and medium-radius basic turns with skis parallel, taking into account and compensating for external factors (terrain, users, type of snow, etc.).
- Can maintain his/her balance in a schuss over varied terrain (hollows and bumps).
- Is improving his/her lateral balance using successions of sideslips interspersed with direct traversing lines (garlands).
Etoile de bronze lesson
1• Non-timed line assessed by the pupil's ability to complete perfect basic turns, with two changes of rhythm on a varied slope (alternating medium, short and medium-radius turns through 15 to 20 gates).
- Can complete smoother basic turns by reducing sideslip.
- Can ski using high-speed and broad turns taking into account and compensating for external factors (terrain, users, type of snow, etc.).
- Can maintain his/her balance in a schuss when taking off from rounded bumps, on piste or in a specially prepared area such as a skiercross courses.
- Is getting used to skiing in all kinds of snow.
Etoile d'or lesson
- Is gaining experience with all forms of alpine skiing.
- Can ski down pistes with a large vertical drop without stopping, on all types of snow, taking into account external factors and respecting the rules of conduct for skiers.
- Can ski in a specially prepared area: skiercross course, halfpipe.